Sunday, July 24, 2011

Almost 11 weeks post op

Sorry for not updating this. I really am not good at the whole blogging experience anymore but that is simply due to the fact that not too much new information needs to be shared. I went to the orthodontist and things are going well again. Got some new elastics which are tight (thank goodness) and are supposed to pull my teeth back as the overbite is at 4mm and should ideally be at 2mm. I went to the surgeon a week after I was at the orthodontist and he told me that my overbite was now at 3mm (so according to my calculations, my teeth moved 1mm in a week?!). The surgeon's visit was really good and uplifting because he told me everything was healing as it should be and the bones should basically be where they should be again. He also told me that I can basically eat anything again and at this point I can almost live a normal life again. Just to be careful and remember to take it easy. I do not need to go and see the surgeon again until my braces are off, which should be Dec or Jan according to the surgeon! Yipee!!!!!
Another thing I discovered is that a water pik is your best friend (once its cleared with your surgeon!). I used it for the first time last night and it was a wonderful experience! I thought that I was getting my teeth so clean by brushing and I was sadly mistaken! I used the pik and it cleaned everything so well (it was a really messy magical experience though). It almost feels like I just got back from the dentist as everything is so clean. There is a brush type thing that cleans your brackets too! I can see why the surgeon wouldn't want a patient to use one until the wounds in your mouth are healed because that pressure wouldn't do them too well.

Wow, a whole paragraph on a water pik.... not THAT'S exciting! Hahaha. See why I don't blog so much anymore?

To conclude this rambling on blog, I will leave you with some pictures. I am not sure how many days into surgery these pics are, but they are fairly recent... within the past couple of weeks.




I went to a concert this day and had
the most amazing time!


My friend and I at the concert.












Thanks for reading! I will update it as soon as something significant happens.... Maybe when my braces come off! Won't that be something!

No comments:

Post a Comment