Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Update Aug 23, 2011

Yo brace faces! If you're not, then I apologize!
Last week I went and saw the orthodontist again. I had a few things that set me back and were slightly frustrating... First of all, the dental assistant that was working on me the time before made a few mistakes and forgot to do a couple of things which therefore caused me some discomfort and pain. She forgot to clamp the breaks that they put between a couple brackets which are supposed to prevent the wires from moving too much to either side. By forgetting to do this, the wire moved and was completely out of my back bracket. There was also a bracket on one of my bottom front teeth that wasnt shut so my tooth shifted a bit. Needless to say, my mouth was hurting when I left that appointment. I was told by my orthodontist that things were looking really good and that it was basically perfect. He also told me that I DON'T HAVE TO WEAR MY ELASTICS ALL DAY! ONLY AT NIGHT NOW! (and occasionally when I am at home if I want). This is great news!!!!! Progress I would certainly say! So I took my appointment sheet to the receptionist and she noticed that it said I was to see the orthodontist in 3-4 weeks and asked me if I was getting my braces off soon. I said that I was unsure because he never really mentioned it. She told me that usually when appointments start to get closer together, it is usually a good indication that your braces will be off soon! AWESOME! I hope this is the case because they are getting old pretty fast! My mouth is feeling great, I can eat mainly everything and I am happier than ever! I will update at my next appointment in mid September to share the news!


Here are a few pics I thought I would share.
Enjoy! (If anyone has any questions or are scheduled for surgery or just came out of surgery, let me know!)










No comments:

Post a Comment