Thursday, October 6, 2011

They're off!!!!!

Howdy!

Well yesterday was the big day! My braces are long gone! I had an early appointment with Dr. Wolk at 10:45am. When they started taking the braces off, it hurt quite a bit. I had to tell Veronica to stop after every third tooth or so because the pressure was quite painful. The process of taking the braces off didn't take very long at all and soon my teeth were free! I then got to go to the mirror to check out my pearly whites! They looked fantastic! I could not be happier! Then I brushed... oh my gosh, what a  feeling!!!!
Next it was time for some molds to make my retainers. If anyone has had molds before, you know how much fun it is.... ugh! I kept reminding myself that it was going to be over shortly! And it was. So after we were done with the molds, it was time to go eat my first meal, and we chose Peters. Best burgers and onion rings ever. Delicious! I didn't have to clean my teeth after every bite either... my teeth stayed clean! Imagine that! Haha. Back to the orthodontist a couple hours later to get my retainers. They are just temporary ones for now because the permanent ones have to be sent away to be made. They are clear and look like mouth guards that athletes wear. They're comfortable and discreet, I just don't like the way they make my teeth fit together because they don't fit flush with my teeth so it makes it look like I have an open bite again. I wear the top retainer most of the day and then the bottom retainer at night. I also have a wire glued to my bottom front teeth to keep them in place forever.

Not sure if I mentioned this, but I am now a married woman! My HUSBAND and I eloped at the beginning of September and could not be happier! Life is great.

I would like to share some pictures with you :)










And there was Sept. 1, 2011

2 comments:

  1. You look great Lisa! Congrats on getting debraced and on your recent elopment! You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, thank you for posting on my blog! Now after taking a second look at your pictures, I'm starting to second guess the genioplasty! I don't know what to do. You have a beautiful profile and feminine chin. I think you look stunning! Do you know how much movement you had in your lower jaw and in your chin? It does appear my before chin is slightly bigger than your before chin. They are wanting to move my lower jaw 10 mm and rotating it slightly upward which will bring out the chin point a bit. My upper jaw will be imapcted 3 mm and slightly rotated to allow for the lower jaw to be rotated.

    By the way, my fiance and I are looking to elope also. We just want something simple and intimate and I'm not much of a planner so we think this would be the least stressful! Your picture here is so gorgeous and I love your hair!

    11 days til surgery! If you can post before Monday about your movement, I would greatly appreciate it! I see my OS on Monday and I plan to discuss the genio a bit more then.

    Thanks for your support!!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete