Good Afternoon! I am thinking that I am only going to be blogging once in awhile now as the days kind of tend to me the same. Today is Day 10 post op I believe and I am feeling much better! The swelling has pretty much come down in lots of spots. I still cannot feel below my eye on the right side (I am told that is because the nurse had to lift up my nerve when the doctor was cleaning out my sinuses so the feeling will slowly start to come back). It is a funny feeling and my eye kind of looks like I have allergies or like I have lack of sleep or something. Also, the left side of my bottom lip has no feeling whatsoever. I can feel parts of the right side or my lower lip most times. I am not complaining because I know that it will take a long time for full feeling to come back. Also, my bruising is down significantly I believe. The stitches I have on the outside of my face are not bothering me at all... I should put more vitamin E on them though to make sure that they heal to the best of their abilities. Har har. As you can tell, my spirits are starting to increase. I don't really feel much pain in my face, just a bit of struggle with the muscles and elastics as my jaws want to move back to their original position. Elastics are my best friend right now! I am still on my liquid diet... found that soup is great! Thinking that I will go for my first road trip into my town tonight to get some chunky soup or something that is filling and is nutritional! I have made two trips to Calgary to visit my surgeon for check ups but haven't ventured into town yet. Well by golly, I am getting housebound and want to get out into the world! I am not the kind of person that can easily sit still without having anything on the go, so this has been a trying 10 days! I know it has been good for me and I know that I am hungry most of the day because my body is using absolutely everything its got to heal itself. If its food and nutrition it wants, then its food and nutrition its going to get! My surgeon said that this weekend I can try and eat soft foods! I am going to be able to try mashed potatoes, soft pasta, soft fish (I'm thinking tuna and mayo.... mmmm how delish does that sound!), and soft Cheetos and popcorn twists! I sound anxious because I am! I know its going to be a very strange feeling to be able to chew and to try out my new and improved choppers, but wow, its worth it!
For people who are wanting to get this surgery done, there are a few things I think you should know!
1. The first week is the worst.
2. You will be hungry.
3. Your stomach will hurt due to all the stuff and antibiotics that are in it. Just deal.
4. You learn who the real people you can count on in life are. Don't let them go!
5. This is temporary!
I would also like to add more pictures from today. One day, I even may start to wear make-up again!
Now...
Day 1 Post-Op
Compared to
And....
head-shot before
head-shot day 10 post op
profile before
profile day 10 post op!
You look great Leesa! Just found your blog and I am looking forward to following your recovery process!
ReplyDeleteTara