Mom and I spent the afternoon at IKEA and were shopped out! I also took my engagement ring into the store to be cleaned... oooo... ahhhh.... wow! Today was a long day and I was fairly tuckered when I got home.
Monday, May 30, 2011
Day 17 Post Op
I had an appointment with my surgeon's partner today. He was also a very nice man. He had a few different ideas than my surgeon has however. I was told by my surgeon that I am able to try and eat soft pastas and soft foods now just as long as I am very careful. This other surgeon told me that he does not tell his patients to eat these kinds of foods until 6 weeks post op, but tells his patients to eat blended meals and smoothies until that point. I am not sure how I feel about that!!!! I think that it is good to try and "chew" (which I mainly just do with my tongue on the roof of my mouth) and work those muscles. I also don't want to rush things and hurt myself. I do think that if I am very cautious and careful that everything will be ok! This surgeon also told me that my mouth is very clean (as it should be considering I brush at least 3 times a day and asked my surgeon if I could use more of the mouthwash he perscribed me). My stitches will apparently start falling out within the next couple of weeks as well. Gross! He said that they would start hanging down and not to unravel them but to simply cut the stitch where I can. I wouldn't imagine pulling on the stitch and unravelling it! Ewwwwww! Haha. After that wonderful discussion, I made an appointment to see my surgeon again in two weeks which will put me at exactly my one month post op! Excited to see what happens!
Mom and I spent the afternoon at IKEA and were shopped out! I also took my engagement ring into the store to be cleaned... oooo... ahhhh.... wow! Today was a long day and I was fairly tuckered when I got home.
Mom and I spent the afternoon at IKEA and were shopped out! I also took my engagement ring into the store to be cleaned... oooo... ahhhh.... wow! Today was a long day and I was fairly tuckered when I got home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment