Ok, today was the greatest day I have had in 2 weeks. Despite waking up and eagerly going downstairs and find the tuna, and instead opened the cupboard to find a HUGE mouse dead in the trap that we set. I was talking to my mom on the phone at the time and let out a huge scream that Brandon heard upstairs (and immediately knew why I was screaming, ha ha). This little bugger almost wrecked what would have been the greatest day of my life.... well the greatest day in 2 weeks anyway. After the mouse shebakle, Brandon whipped up some tuna and mayo in the Magic Bullet and I got to try it. Put a little on the tip of the fork, opened my mouth ( only the left side is really hurting when I open now... it is the muscles for sure) and VOILA! Deliciousness! I cannot even think of the words to describe how delicious that tuna was at that very moment. My body was rejoicing! I also attempted to eat some Popcorn twists by carefully breaking them into very small pieces and placing them in my mouth. They too were delish, but they managed to find their way into the holes where my wisdom teeth once lived. That's ok, they did their job and eventually made it into my oh so hungry stomach! I bought some cheese puffs as well, but they were too big to fit into my mouth at this time. One day they will be mine, oh yes, they will be mine.
Brandon and I ventured to Calgary to get his phone fixed too. It was nice to go on a "field trip" without anything pressing to do. We just got to spend some time together out of the house and tour around the city. It was nice. Then we came back and stopped in at my Gram's house. Mom was also there and every time I am around them they both just smile and laugh at me because they are amazed at how much my appearance has changed. I also have a "perma smile| on my face. I am not sure if it is still because I am numb or if its they way my lips hang on my braces and hooks or if its just the way that my new mouth is going to be. I kind of like it. I am usually pretty happy on the inside and if my face constantly shows it on the outside too, then we are doing good. Plus if I walk around smiling, I am bound to make other people smile too, right???
More food for supper! Brandon (yes, my hero) mixed up some mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner. I managed to put enough gravy on the taters that it was just the perfect, runny concoction. By golly, they were outstanding! I had two bowls of potatoes (with a bib on), more of my tuna, and some peaches for supper. I was a happy camper! This was the first time in almost 2 weeks that my stomach was actually "full"!
No comments:
Post a Comment